Friday 25 November 2011

Print Products

To begin with I drew out a rough draught of the original idea for my film poster: 




I knew straight away that I wanted the poster to have a kind of artsy and unconventional feel to it. The way I first saw it in my head, was some kind of either black and white or sepia collage in the background, then a bold coloured shape on top, on which the title of the film would be written. As the theme of my short film is love, I though a heart would be appropriate, and would instantly let the audience know what the film is about. 


DEVELOPMENT
This is my second draft and style model:


While writing the voice over narration for my film, I came up with the title 'Jar of Lightning' (this is my personal interpretation of love). I felt like with this now the title, it would make more sense to have a jar as the main feature on the poster, rather than a heart. Since my original idea, I also decided that the collage in the background will be stills from the film. To  give it the scrapbook look I envisage in my head, I printed the pictures off, ripped them out and glued them down. I am still undecided as to whether they will be black and white or sepia on the final product. I think that I would like to incorporate more colour into my final design, maybe in the title, or around the jar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment