Thursday 19 January 2012

Script

Once I had my test footage, I decided it was probably time to start thinking about the script. I do feel slightly pressured because the narration is such a key part of the opening sequence - It needs to link all the different clips in the montage together and introduces the viewer to what the film is actually about. Here is what I have come up with:

I'm Rachel, and I fell in love with the idea of falling in love a long time ago. I think it was something to do with princesses, and love songs, and not a lot to do with real life.
I think that love is something that intrigues me more than anything else. I find it so fascinating that no one seems to have a clue why or how it happens.. We just, go along with it I guess. 
I often think of it like lightning in a jar. It takes something everyday and lifeless, and turns it into something worth having. It gives it a purpose, just like love does. 
Now I'll be the first to admit that I have a tendency to fall in love way too easily. But how do you know when you have? For me, it's when you feel like it's completely out of your control. You don't even want to feel that way anymore, but you just can't help it. There's something there that can't be put away or forgotten about.. No matter how hard you try. For me that's love. Uncontrollable, undefined, undeniable love. 

I plan on recording this with a USB microphone onto the free software Audacity and simply exporting it as an MP3, then into imovie. I can't yet write the narration for the end sequence of my film, as I have decided to leave it open, until I have completed the beginning and middle section.

No comments:

Post a Comment