Thursday 26 January 2012

3) What have you learnt from your audience feedback?

I uploaded my final short film to Youtube and these are the comments that were left:


I was also contacted through Facebook by someone who had seen my film:


I posted my video on tumblr and received this message in response:


Finally, I posted a link on Twitter and received these comments:



In order to get some specific feedback, I devised a simple three question survey:




Overall, I have received a lot of positive feedback about my short film, and quite a few people have told me that it genuinely affected them when they watched it. With making people step back and think as one of my main intentions, it made me extremely happy to hear that I had done this successfully. 


From my research, it was very clear that any film with romance as a sub genre, would have a target audience of females, and you can see on Youtube, that these are the dominant part of my audience:

The male who completed my survey says that my film 'made them feel slightly uncomfortable', which perhaps suggests that although I wanted my film to appeal to people of any age and sex, the focus on love does infact alienate my male viewers. To improve therefore, maybe I could try and get a less biased point of view across, to make my film more appealing to a wider audience. 

Another thing that was suggested to improve my film was the camera work, and I have to admit, this was something I was quite concerned with at the editing stages. Because when conducting the interviews, I was constantly moving around a busy city centre, I ended up not using a tripod as it seemed like too big an inconvenience. I was therefore relying solely on my steady hand, but I do feel there are parts in the film, where the camera work could visibly be improved. This is proven by the fact it was picked up on in my audience feedback survey. Therefore, if I was to do this project again, I would definitely use a tripod for ALL my filming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment