Tuesday 13 September 2011

Introducing Myself To Short Film

So after researching genre, it is apparent that I obviously need to look into the form of the media product that I am actually going to be creating - in this case, short film. I have to admit I was rather apprehensive to start on this bit, because in all honesty I had no idea where to start. Short film is something that I've never explored before and I genuinely struggle to think of times when I have even been exposed to it. Then I remembered, yes! Pixar! At the beginning of all their full length feature films, there is an animated short. I specifically remember one called 'Partly Cloudy' that I absolutely loved about a cloud and a stork:
Although this is obviously an animation, I feel by revisiting it, I have found a good start to my research. I have realised that in spite of the fact it is so different from the kind of short film I will be making, all short films have the basic principle of getting either a story, or a point across in a fairly limited amount of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment